JC's Traditional Pesto
- 1 Oven Tray Or Frypan
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 1/2 Cup Basil Leaves
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Shredded, or vegetarian hard cheese
- 1/4 Cup JC's Premium New Zealand Pine Nuts Toasted
- 2 Small Garlic Cloves Halved
- 5 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- To toast Pine Nuts: Preheat oven to 180℃, spread Pine Nuts over a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes; or lightly toast in a dry frypan over medium heat until lightly brown.
- Process the basil, parmesan, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream until combined.
- Swap out the Pine Nuts for JC’s Cashews, Walnuts, Almonds, Pecans, Sunflower Seeds, Pistachio Kernels or Pepitas! Try the different flavours you get from swapping.
- When using Pepitas or Pistachio Kernels, crush them beforehand to stop small chunks not grinding and mixing with the basil leaves.
- Add some spinach, kale, or any other green leaves with the herbs.
- Any leftover pesto can be stored in an airtight jar and refrigerated for up to one week or frozen for in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Premium New Zealand Pine Nuts
Due to their superior taste, our premium Mediterranean Pine Nuts are the most sought-after variant in the culinary .world. With 35g protein per 100g, JC’s NZ pine nuts contain over double the amount of protein than other imported pine nut varieties
Premium Australian Salted Pistachios
Our roasted and salted pistachios are grown in the Riverland and Sunraysia regions for that perfect chomp! Add to cheese boards for an extra kick of flavour.