Winter Greens With Pine Nuts, Chilli and Garlic
Perfect for a winter
- 90 Grams JC's Premium New Zealand Pine Nuts
- 1/4 Cup Extra Light Olive Oil
- 50 Grams Butter
- 100 Grams Bacon Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 Red Chilli Finely sliced, seeds removed
- 400 Grams Small Brussel Sprouts Halved
- 1 Bunch Tuscan Kale Coarse stalks removed and leaves cut into 10cm lengths
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- BBQ Lamb Cutlets or Steaks For serving
- Smashed Potatoe For serving
- Roasted Tomatoes For serving
- Place the pine nuts onto an oven tray and bake at 160°C FF for 10-12 minutes or until lightly roasted. Allow to cool.
- Heat in a large fry pan half the oil and half the butter, add the bacon, garlic and chilli and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes then remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the pan and cook the sprouts over a medium to high heat for 5 minutes or until just golden. Add the kale to the pan along with the bacon mixture and toss through. Cover, reduce the heat and cook a further 5 minutes stirring occasionally until the sprouts are just tender and kale is wilted. Toss the pine nuts through the vegetables then season to taste. Serve immediately with the cutlets, potatoes and roasted tomatoes.
Premium New Zealand Pine Nuts
Due to their superior taste, our premium Mediterranean Pine Nuts are the most sought-after variant in the culinary .world. With 35g protein per 100g, JC’s NZ pine nuts contain over double the amount of protein than other imported pine nut varieties