Pasta with Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Oven Tray
- 1 Cup JC's Premium New Zealand Pine Nuts
- 2 Punnets Truss Cherry Tomatoes Cut into 4 bunches
- Olive Oil Spray
- Salt Flakes
- 50 Grams Basil Leaves
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Light Olive Oile
- 400 Grams Dried Spaghetti - Or your favourite Cooked until al dente and drained
- Basil Leaves For decoration
- Extra Parmesan For serving
- Place the pine nuts onto an oven tray and bake at 160°C FF for 10 -12 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- At the same time place the truss tomatoes onto another tray, spray with oil and sprinkle with salt flake or coarse salt. Bake for 12 minutes or until just split. Keep warm.
- In a food processor combine the basil leaves, Parmesan, garlic, lemon juice and half the pine nuts. Process until the ingredients are finely chopped then add the oil in a steady stream until the pesto is smooth. Season with salt.
- Toss 2/3 of the pesto through the hot pasta, spoon into the serving bowls then drizzle the remaining pesto over the top of each bowl. Top with tomatoes and a good sprinkle of the remaining pine nuts. Decorate with basil leaves and serve with extra Parmesan. Serve immediately
Premium New Zealand Pine Nuts
Due to their superior taste, our premium Mediterranean Pine Nuts are the most sought-after variant in the culinary .world. With 35g protein per 100g, JC’s NZ pine nuts contain over double the amount of protein than other imported pine nut varieties
A tropical treat, our dried mango looks as good as it tastes! Add these chewy, golden pieces to breakfast bowls or serve as a lunchbox snack.