Herb Dressed Kale Slaw with Seed Crunch
- 1/2 Wombok shredded
- 4 cups Green Kale Shredded
- 4 sticks Sliced Celery
- 2 Medium Carrots, julienned or grated into fine shreds
- 1 Red Onion Finely Sliced
- 1/2 cup JC's Natural Pepitas
- 1/4 cup JC's Sesame Seeds, Toasted
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Chopped Dill
- 2 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 2 tbsp Chopped Chives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Herbed Dressed Kale Slaw with Seed Crunch
- Toss together in a large bowl the wombok, kale, celery, carrot, onion and half the pepitas and sesame seeds.
- In a jug combine the mayo, butter milk, mustard, herbs and seasonings, whisk together then toss through the slaw. Transfer to a serving bowl and finish with the remaining pepitas and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
NB: If the dressing becomes a little thick before you dress the salad, you can thin out with a little extra buttermilk.
These pebble-shaped green seeds taste as delicious as they look. Sprinkle over grain and leaf salads or toast with muesli for even more crunch.