Wake up on the right side of the bed with this delicious Chocolate Chip Pistachio Pancakes recipe! Tastes great as a breakfast, brunch, or a late-night snack. Do not worry if you are dairy intolerant, because we have given you a few tips so you can enjoy it too.
If you create this or any of our nutty recipes, tag us on social media! We would love to see them.
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 25g Melted Butter, plus a little bit extra for cooking
- 200ml Milk*
- 2 tsp salt
- 100g JC’s Pistachio Kernels, roughly chopped
- 100g Dark Chocolate chips
- Vegetable Oil
Topping to Serve
- 50g of JC’s Pistachio Kernels, roughly chopped
- Maple Syrup
- Mix self-raising flour, baking powder, caster sugar and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl.
- Create a well in the centre with the back of your spoon and add 3 eggs, the melted butter and milk.
- Use a balloon whisk or an electric beater to mix until smooth. Add in the chopped pistachios, dark chocolate, and salt. Mix well and pour into a jug or large measuring cup.
- Heat a small amount of butter with 1 tsp of oil in a large fry pan on medium heat. When the butter has a nice froth to it, pour in the batter so it forms a circle with a diameter of roughly 8cm wide*. The pancakes will spread during the cooking process so do not place them too close together. Cook for around 1-2 minutes, you will know when it’s ready to flip as lots of small bubbles will form and pop. Flip the pancake over and cook for a further on the other side for an even cook. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Place a small frying pan over low heat, add the remaining chopped pistachios and lightly toast. Add a small amount of maple syrup and lightly simmer as this caramelize and coat the chopped pistachios.
- Stack your pancakes on a plate and pour the desired amount of maple syrup and pistachio mix.
Notes and Tips:
- For a lactose free version try JC’s Almond Milk with Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- For an extra treat, lay sliced strawberries around the pancakes
Shop with us for delicious ingredients
To bring all of these amazing recipe ideas to life, shop online with J.C.’s Quality Foods. We pride ourselves on supporting Aussie households and will always be there to meet your need for delicious products. Contact our friendly team to find out more.
Pistachio Recipe Ideas That You Need to Try
Treat yourself with these variety of delicious pistachio recipe ideas.
Natural Pistachio Kernels
Get your taste buds firing with these natural pistachio kernels. A sharp, nutty flavour and firm texture make these little gems perfect for crumbling over baked veggies.