Choc Chip Pistachio Pancakes
Wake up on the right side of the bed with this delicious Chocolate Chip Pistachio Pancakes recipe! Tastes great as a breakfast, brunch, or a late-night snack. Do not worry if you are dairy intolerant, because we have given you a few tips so you can enjoy it too.
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Balloon Whisk Or Electric Beater
- 1 Jug Or Large Measuring Cup
- 1 Large Frypan
- 1 Small Frypan
- 200 Grams Self Raising Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 25 Grams Melted Butter Plus a little extra for cooking
- 200 Ml Milk See recipe notes for lactose free version
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 100 Grams JC's Pistachio Kernels Roughly chopped
- 100 Grams Dark Chocolate Chips
- Vegetable Oil
Topping to Serve
- 50 Grams JC's Pistachio Kernels Roughly Chopped
- Maple Syrup
- Mix self-raising flour, baking powder, caster sugar and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl.
- Create a well in the center with the back of your spoon and add 3 eggs, the melted butter and milk.
- Use a balloon whisk or an electric beater to mix until smooth. Add in the chopped pistachios, dark chocolate, and salt. Mix well and pour into a jug or large measuring cup.
- Heat a small amount of butter with 1 tsp of oil in a large fry pan on medium heat. When the butter has a nice froth to it, pour in the batter so it forms a circle with a diameter of roughly 8cm wide*. The pancakes will spread during the cooking process so do not place them too close together. Cook for around 1-2 minutes, you will know when it’s ready to flip as lots of small bubbles will form and pop. Flip the pancake over and cook for a further on the other side for an even cook. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Place a small frying pan over low heat, add the remaining chopped pistachios and lightly toast. Add a small amount of maple syrup and lightly simmer as this caramelize and coat the chopped pistachios.
- Stack your pancakes on a plate and pour the desired amount of maple syrup and pistachio mix.
- For a lactose free version try JC’s Almond Milk with Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- For an extra treat, lay sliced strawberries around the pancakes
Pistachio Recipe Ideas That You Need to Try
Treat yourself with these variety of delicious pistachio recipe ideas.
Natural Pistachio Kernels
Get your taste buds firing with these natural pistachio kernels. A sharp, nutty flavour and firm texture make these little gems perfect for crumbling over baked veggies.