Cauliflower Steaks with Walnut and Parsley Pesto
- 1 Oven Tray
- 1 Food Processor
- 3/4 Cup JC's Australian Natural Walnuts
- 1 Medium to Large Cauliflower Cut into 4 x 2.5cm thick steaks/slices
- Olive Oil Spray
- 500 Grams Vine Ripened Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Flat Leaf Parsley Leaves
- 1 Cup Basil Leaves
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2/3 Cup Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- Half a Lemon Juiced
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Shaved Parmesan For garnish
- Extra JC's Australian Natural Walnuts Lightly chopped, for garnish
- Place the walnuts onto an oven tray and bake at 150°C FF for 12minutes or until lightly roasted. Allow to cool.
- Place the cauliflower steaks onto a lined oven tray and spray well with oil. Bake at 180°C FF for 20 minutes. Place the tomatoes onto another lined tray and spray with oil, bake with the cauliflower for another 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is just tender and browned around the edges and tomatoes are very slightly shriveled.
- Meanwhile: Place the herbs into a food processor with the garlic and walnuts and process until finely ground. Gradually add the oil and continue to process until the mixture forms a paste. Add the Parmesan and lemon juice and process again until smooth, season to taste.
- Place the cauliflower onto serving plates with the tomatoes. Thickly spread the pesto over the cauliflower and finish with shaved Parmesan and extra walnuts. Serve immediately.
This recipe makes approximately 1 1/4 cups of Pesto and is perfect to serve with your favourite pasta, the parsley and walnuts make a delicious alternative to regular pesto.