While many staple foods have disappeared from supermarket shelves, there’s one option that has fallen under the radar. Nuts, be them Almonds, Pistachios, Macadamias or anything else, are a great source of plant protein and energy. These delicious, natural bites are perfect for grazing throughout the day and can also be used to bring yummy recipes to life. The best news of all? It’s never been easier to get your fill.
Why are nuts great for eating at home?
Nuts are great if you’re stuck at home and want to avoid going stir crazy. Why? Because they’re inherently a natural, healthy and long life product. This means you can avoid sugary treats and instead serve foods that are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. As a result, you’ll feel better and your kids won’t be bouncing off the walls!
Other reasons why nuts make a winning choice.
- Nuts are a fantastic snack option while stuck at home because they make a great substitute for potato chips, chocolate and lollies. Your kids will feel fuller for longer and there’ll be less complaints throughout the day.
- Nuts can help you stay focused and avoid distractions while working from home. They provide a range of health benefits and act as a brain boosting fuel to keep you mentally alert. This is becoming more and more important as we see a shift in work habits.
- Nuts are a healthy and safe source of protein. This is key for people looking to feed their family with healthy food, and applies to anyone buying for others such as elderly relatives.
- Nuts can be used to sprinkle a little bit of variety into each day by enhancing the taste and texture of other foods. Sick of eating pasta, rice and oats? Try adding a spiced almond crumb to your regular recipe and watch as it really comes to life.
- Nuts are readily available and require minimal preparation (if any).