Spicy Cashew Dip With Beetroot
When it comes to entertaining, we like to keep it simple and delicious. It gives you more time to enjoy with friends and family, plus you get to try some different flavours that you may not be able to get in store!This Spicy Cashew Dip is perfect for a platter, a light snack or even as a sandwich spread.
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Small Bowl
- 1 Small Saucepan
- 1 Serving Platter
- 100 Grams JC's Premium Natural Cashews
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 1/4 Cup Light Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp. Cumin
- 2 Tsp. Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp. Chilli Powder
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- 250 Grams Baby Beetrooy Cut into 1cm pieces
- 1/2 Cup Mint Leaves Roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Leaves Roughly chopped
- Extra Olive Oil For drizzling
- Pita Bread For serving
- Turkish Bread For serving
- Place the cashews into a small bowl and pour over the boiling water. Cover and stand until cold. Drain the cashews and reserve the water.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and gently sauté the cashews and spices for 5-6 minutes or until the spices are fragrant. Transfer to food processor with the garlic and lemon juice and process until finely ground, continue to process whilst gradually adding 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the reserved water to make a smooth dip consistency. Season to taste. Refrigerate until required.
- Spread the dip thickly into a serving platter and top with the beetroot and herbs, drizzle with a little oil if desired. Serve with pita and Turkish bread.