Pumpkin and Pecan Salad with Fig
With the weather warming up, it’s time get outside and crank the BBQ or head to the park, soak up some Vitamin D with good company and delicious food. This Pumpkin and Maple Pecan salad is not only light and easy, it’s simple to make. A mix of flavours that just seem to work well together. The sweet nutty, butter flavour and added crunch of the Pecans mixed with the earthy sweet flavour of pumpkin and the bonus sweetness from the maple syrup provide a delicious and filling side or plant based meal.
- 1-1.2 Kg Butternut pumpkin Cut into 2cm chunks, skin left on
- Olive oil spray
- 1 Cup JC's Natural Pecans
- 8 JC's Premium Dried Figs Slided in half horizontally to expose seeds, then halve again
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 100 Grams Baby Spinach Leaves
- 4 Spring Onions Cut into 5cm lengths, then thinly sliced
- 200 Grams Danish Feta Cheese Cut into 1cm pieces
- 1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Light Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup Extra
- 2 Tbsp. Wholegrain Mustard
- Place the pumpkin onto a lined tray, spray with oil and bake 190°C FF for 40 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Combine in a jar the oil, vinegar, extra syrup and mustard, shake until combined then pour over the salad. Scatter over the pecans and serve immediately.