All Star Aussie Slow Cooker Nut Mix
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 1 Small Saucepan
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Medium Size Bowl
- Storage Containers
- 750 Grams JC's All Natural Quality Nut Mix
- 30 Grams Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Vegemite
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 Tsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1 Tsp. Chilli Flakes Use more if you like it HOT
- Coarse Pink Salt or Salt Flakes To taste
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, Vegemite and rice malt syrup then whisk over a low heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is well combined, stir through the rosemary and chilli flakes.
- Place the nuts into a medium sized bowl and pour over the prepared mixture, toss well until combined then transfer to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook the nuts for 3 hours on low setting stirring every 20-30 minutes. Transfer the hot nuts to 2 lined trays and spread in a single layer. Season whilst hot as you like with salt and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container until required.
These flavoured nuts are the perfect high protein snack. The slow cooker roasts the nuts gently without burning the delicious glaze. Why not take a container to work and beat the 3 o'clock afternoon slump with a handful! They are also delicious with drinks or anytime you need a flavoursome, satisfying snack.