Pecan and Choc Chip Dollar Cookies
- 2 Cups JC's Australian Natural Pecans
- 125 Grams Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 Cup Custard Powder
- 3/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Milk or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place the pecans onto an oven tray and bake at 170°C FF for 12-15 minutes or until lightly roasted. Allow to cool then chop half the pecans coarsely and the remainder finely.
- Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined then fold in the sifted dry ingredients with the coarse pecans and the chocolate chips. Mix well with your hands to bring the mixture together. Split the mixture in half.
- Roll each half of the mixture into a30cm log shape. Spread half the remaining finely chopped pecans onto a sheet of baking paper and roll the log in the nuts to coat, continue to roll the log up in the paper and twist the ends to secure to. Place into the fridge until firm enough to cut. Repeat with remaining mixture and finely chopped nuts to make 2logs.
- Cut each log into 20 x 1.5 cm rounds and place onto greased baking trays allowing room for spreading. Bake at 150°CFF for 12-15 minutes until cooked and golden. Allow the biscuits to cool on the tray before cooling thoroughly on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container until required.
Indulge in a slightly sweet and earthy flavour with each handful of our natural pecans. Perfect to create a luscious pecan pie to treat family and friends.