Simple Coconut Caramel Slice
- 1 1/4 Cup JC's All Natural Protein Mix
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/3 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 2/3 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 150 Grams Butter Melted
- 1 400g Condensed Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Golden Syrup
- Spread the nuts in a single layer onto an oven tray and roast at 160°C FF for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool then chop roughly.
- In a bowl combine the sifted flours, coconut, brown sugar and melted butter, mix well then spread evenly into a lined 18 x 28cm slice tin. Bake at 160°C FF for 20 minutes, allow to cool slightly.
- Scatter the nuts evenly over the prepared base. Combine the condensed milk and golden syrup, mix well then pour over the nuts. Bake a further 25-30 minutes until golden in colour. Allow to cool thoroughly in the tin before slicing. Store in an airtight container until required.