Sesame Baked Cheese with Relish
- 1/3 cup JC's Sesame Seeds lightly toasted
- 2 tsp Ras El Hanout seasoning
- Pinch Chilli Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 250g Block Cream Cheese smooth to a uniform shape
- Olive Oil spray
- 1 260g jar Tomato and Eggplant Relish
- Crackers and pita crisps
- Parsley, mint or coriander leaves for garnish
- Combine on a sheet of baking paper the sesame seeds, ras el hanout seasoning, chilli powder and salt, mix well. Toss the cream cheese in the seed and spice mix until well coated. Spray lightly with oil and repeat for a thorough coating of seeds and spice.
- Place the cheese onto a lined tray, spray again with oil and bake at 160°FF for 10 minutes. Turn the cheese overand bake a further 10 minutes or until the seeds are lightly browned.
- Place the cheese onto a serving platter and top with a dollop of the relish. Garnish with herbs and serve with crackers, pitas and extra relish. Serve immediately.
Sesame Seeds are a great source of energy, they are versatile and can be used in a range of sweet and savoury dishes
5 Fun Ways To Use Sesame Seeds In Your Cooking
Discover versatile recipes featuring this nutty and slightly sweet seed.