Roasted Beetroot Hummus with Salsa and Corn Chips
This Roasted Beetroot Hummus is deliciously simple with only four steps! It's versatile in that it can be used when entertaining guests or meal prepped for lunches and afternoon snacks.It's delightful with the Salsa and Corn Chips or by itself with Carrots.
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 Food Process or equivalent
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Serving Bowl
- 1 Serving Plate
- 3/4 Cup JC's Premium Australian Chickpeas
- 250 Grams Medium Sized Beetroot Scrubbed clean, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Mint leaves
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 Small Lebanese Cucumber Halved, seeded and chopped
- 2 Spring Onions Finely chopped
- 12 Mini Roma or Cherry Tomatoes Chopped
- JC's Original Corn Chips
- Turkish Bread
- Place the chickpeas in to saucepan and cover with water and bring to the boil then simmer for 45-60 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile place the beetroot onto a lined oven tray and spray with oil. Bake at 180°C FF for 40-45 minutes or untiltender. Cool.
- In a food processor combine the cooled chickpeas and beetroot and process until finely chopped. Add the tahini, garlic, juice and seasonings, continue to process until thick and smooth. Add a little water if the dip is too thick. Chill until required. (Chilling overnightwill help to intensify the flavours.)
- Spoon some of the dip into a serving bowl and place onto a serving platter. Combine the herbs, cucumber, spring onions and tomatoes and spoon the salsa on to the hommous. Scatter around the corn chips and Turkish bread.. Serve immediately.