Middle Eastern Roasted Red Capsicum & Walnut Dip
- 3 large Red Capsicums cut into thick strips, discard the seeds and stem
- 1 cup JC's Australian Natural Walnuts roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Chili Powder to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses or Syrup
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Pita Crisps
- Cucumber Strips
- Place the capsicum slices skin side up on a tray. Place under a preheated grill and cook for 10-15 minutes or until black and blistered. Wrap the capsicum pieces in a sheet of foil and allow to cool.
- Gently remove the blackened skins from the capsicums and place the flesh into a food processor with the walnuts, garlic, spices, pomegranate molasses and lemon juice. Process until the dip is well combined but still a little chunky.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl and stir through the breadcrumbs, season to taste then cover and chill until required. Top the dip with extra walnuts and parsley, serve with pita crisps and cucumber strips (or you veg of choice!) for dipping.