Healthy Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cup JC's Australian Almond Meal
- 1 3/4 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Mashed Very Ripe Banana 2-3 depending on size
- 2/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla
- JC's Australian Flaked Almonds For decoration
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- Salt Flakes
- Combine in a bowl the sifted flour and baking powder, almond meal and brown sugar then mix well.
- In a bowl or jug whisk together the banana, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well combined then stir into the dry ingredients . Mix until just combined, do not over mix. Spoon the mixture evenly into a paper lined 12 x 1/3 cup muffin pan. Top each muffin with a sprinkle of flaked almonds.
- Bake at 170°C FF for 28-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water and stir over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook without stirring for 5-6 minutes or until the toffee is golden. Remove from the heat and very carefully pour in the cream. Return to the heat and stir for 1 minute until well combined and smooth then stir through a pinch or two of salt flakes. Cool.
- Serve the muffins with a drizzle of Salted Caramel Sauce
Made from grinded unpeeled Australian almonds, Almond Meal is rich in vitamin E and a great alternative to traditional wheat flour. It also provides a slightly sweeter, nuttier taste. It's an ideal ingredient for all sweet and savoury baking recipes.
Maple Coconut Almonds
Treat yourself to something truly special. Our Maple Coconut Almonds are a sight for sore eyes (and empty stomachs). We oven roast our almonds until golden and crunchy before coating in a maple syrup caramelise and tossing lightly in toasted coconut. A bag of these won’t last long, so be sure to grab your share before they’re all gone!