Eating healthy lunches at work and school can be a chore, one way to combat it though is to prep meals and snacks on a Sunday so you can wake up and go during the week!
Give these fluffy, buttery and delicious banana muffins a recipe a go and you will have all of your co-workers in awe.
A few benefits of prepping healthy meals and snacks beforehand include:
- Portion control
- Save time in the morning and money
- Manage hunger
- Reduce food waste
- Enjoy more variety
If you create these Almond Banana Muffins or any of our nutty recipes, tag us on social media! We would love to see them.
Makes 12 muffins.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 3/4 Cups Self Raising Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cup JC’s Australian Almond Meal
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Mashed (Very ripe banana, 2-3 depending on the size)
2/3 Cup Buttermilk
1/3 Cup Canola Oil
2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
JC’s Australian Flaked Almonds, for decoration
Salted Caramel Sauce
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Cream
- Combine in a bowl the sifted flour and baking powder, almond meal and brown sugar then mix well.
- In a bowl or jug whisk together the banana, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well combined then stir into the dry ingredients . Mix until just combined, do not over mix. Spoon the mixture evenly into a paper lined 12 x 1/3 cup muffin pan. Top each muffin with a sprinkle of flaked almonds.
- Bake at 170°C FF for 28-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the sauce
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water and stir over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook without stirring for 5-6 minutes or until the toffee is golden. Remove from the heat and very carefully pour in the cream. Return to the heat and stir for 1 minute until well combined and smooth then stir through a pinch or two of salt flakes. Cool.
- Serve the muffins with a drizzle of Salted Caramel Sauce
Shop with us for healthy ingredients
To bring all of these amazing recipe ideas to life, shop online with J.C.’s Quality Foods. We pride ourselves on supporting Aussie households and will always be there to meet your need for delicious and healthy products. Contact our friendly team to find out more.
Maple Coconut Almonds
Treat yourself to something truly special. Our Maple Coconut Almonds are a sight for sore eyes (and empty stomachs). We oven roast our almonds until golden and crunchy before coating in a maple syrup caramelise and tossing lightly in toasted coconut. A bag of these won’t last long, so be sure to grab your share before they’re all gone!