Baked Thyme Brie with Whisky Citrus Hazelnuts
- 175g JC'S NATURAL HAZELNUTS 1 full packet
- 1/2 cup Whisky
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Grated Orange Rind
- 1/4 cup Orange - Juiced about 1/2 an orange
- 450g Double Cream Brie - approx 15cm wheel
- 6 sprigs Thyme
- Rye Bread and Gourmet Crackers recommended
- Combine in a small saucepan the hazelnuts whisky, honey, rind and juice. Bring to the boil and stir the nuts occasionally for 5-6 minutes. Remove the hazelnuts from the liquid with a slotted spoon and place onto a lined oven tray. Simmer the remaining liquid until it is thickened and syrupy. Cool.
- Make 12-15 x 1cm cuts in the brie, then poke in sprigs of thyme. Wrap the brie in baking paper and place onto another tray.
- Place both trays into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the hazelnuts are golden, then remove and allow to cool.
- Bake the brie a further 8-10 minutes then carefully remove brie from the tray in the paper and place onto a serving platter. Top with the cooled hazelnuts and drizzle with the whisky syrup. Serve immediately with the bread and crackers.