Spicy Nut Clusters
How much better is a personalised gift rather than a store bought one!? There’s a lot more love that goes into it and the person on the receiving end feels special that you’ve taken the time to make it!This Nut Clusters recipe is perfect for Mother’s Day, a birthday or Christmas gift! The blend of nuts, seeds and spices makes a healthy, flavourful treat packed full of that JC’s goodness!
- 1 Oven Tray
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 375 Grams JC's All Natural Protein mix
- 1/4 Cup Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Kecap Manis
- 2 Tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp. Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. JC's Natural Pepitas
- 2 Tbsp. JC's Sunflower Kernels
- Spread the nuts onto an oven tray in a single layer. Bake at 160° fan forced for 10 minutes. Allow to cool .
- Combine in a bowl the rice malt syrup, kecap manis, sesame oil, onion powder, chilli flakes and salt, mix well.
- Chop the cooled nuts roughly then add to the bowl with the pepitas and sunflower kernels. Mix until well coated.
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto lined oven trays to make clusters, be sure to leave room for spreading. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until golden. Allow the clusters to cool thoroughly on the trays . Once firm remove the clusters from the trays and store in an airtight container until required.