Brazil Nut and Banana Upside Down Cake
- 1 cup JC's Natural Brazil Nuts
- 90g Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bi Carb Soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3/4 cup Castor Sugar
- 1/2 cup Canola
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- Place the Brazil nuts onto an oven tray and bake at 160°C FF for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly roasted. Allow to cool.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy then spread evenly over the base of a fully greased and paper-lined 20cm round baking tin, then sprinkle over the cooled nuts.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl then stir through the sugar. In a jug whisk together the oil, eggs and bananas until combined then stir through the dry ingredients until combined. Spoon the mixture into the tin over the prepared base.
- Bake at 160 °C FF for 45-50 minutes or until cooked when tested. Turn out onto a cake rack immediately, remove the paper and allow to cool. Serve the cake sliced with a dollop of cream.
Natural Brazil Nuts
Grab yourself a handful of brazil nuts for a smooth, buttery texture and plenty of nutty flavour. They make a great addition to trail mixes.
5 Ways to Enjoy Brazil Nuts
Keen to try some new healthy dishes in the kitchen? Gain some inspiration for your next meal with these legume dishes from across the globe!