If you’re looking for a quick breakfast bite on the go, or simply want something different to the usual toast or cereal. This Fruit and Nut Breakfast Balls recipe can be kept how it is for a healthy and balanced breakfast. Or mix up by adding some sweetness with some coconut or cocoa.
If you create these Breakfast Balls or any of our nutty recipes, tag us on social media! We would love to see them.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 Minutes
1 ¼ cup JC’s Pitted Dates, halved
1 cup JC’s Premium Natural Cashews
¼ cup JC’s Natural Pepitas
¼ cup JC’s Australian Sunflower Kernels
1 cup JC’s Crunchy Banana Chips
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup quick cooking oats
1 tbsp. JC’s Premium Black Chia Seeds
1. Place the dates into a small bowl and cover with boiling water, allow to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile place the cashews, pepitas and sunflower kernels onto an oven tray and bake at 180°C FF for 10-12 minutes or until the cashews are golden. Allow to cool on the tray then place into a food processor with the banana chips and process until the ingredients are finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Drain the water from the dates and reserve 1 tablespoon of the liquid. Place the dates,
reserved liquid, honey and vanilla into the food processor and process until the dates are chopped and paste like (there may be some chunks).
4. Add the date mixture to the nuts, seeds and banana, then add the remaining oats and chia seeds and mix thoroughly. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls to make 24. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until required.
• Mix this recipe up by rolling the balls in coconut or cocoa for a different finish
• Add some sweetness to it by adding some grated chocolate or chocolate chips into the mic
• Swap the honey for maple syrup or peanut butter
• Try different combinations of nuts like, peanuts or macadamias, pecans or pistachios. Make sure you roast them to develop their delicious flavours