• 100g piece of Tasmanian Atlantic
Salmon, skin removed
• 2 cups J.C.'s Unsalted Cashews
• 1 lebanese cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and sliced into half rounds
• 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
• 3 spring onions thinly sliced on the diagonal
• 1 bunch of coriander, leaves only
• ó bunch of mint, leaves only
• 2 bundles of cellophane noodles or similar,
soaked in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain well and use scissors to cut noodles into short lengths.
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1 chilli, seeded and finely sliced
• 1 crushed garlic clove
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tsp brown sugar
1. Place Salmon portion in a non reactive bowl and cover with boiling water, leave to poach
for 10 minutes, remove from water and place on paper towel to drain the excess liquid.
2. Combine dressing ingredients and half the cashews in a food processor and pulse until a rough wet paste is formed. Taste, it should be hot, sour, salty and sweet, all at once.
3. Combine all the salad ingredients, the noodles, the remaining whole cashews, the flaked salmon flesh and the dressing in a bowl, gently mix. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish
with coriander sprigs.
4. Serve either in individual lettuce cups or in a bowl as part of a Thai banquet.