• 1 cup J.C.'s Dried Chickpeas, soaked overnight, then simmered in fresh water for 2 hours, leave to cool in cooking water
• 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
• 3 tsp ground cumin
• 1 lemon, juiced
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 2 tbsps chopped parsley
• Salt and pepper
1. Drain chickpeas but reserve cooking liquid.
2. Combine chickpeas, garlic, cumin, lemon juice and a little of the cooking water in a food processor and pulse until a smooth paste is formed, use more cooking liquid to obtain the desired consistency.
3. Add cayenne, salt and pepper to taste, adjust seasoning.
4. Place in a serving bowl and dress with olive oil and chopped parsley, serve with crackers or crisp bread.