• 1 Chicken thigh fillet per person
• 250 g J.C.’s Slivered Almonds
• 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves only
• 2 slices of stale bread, crusts removed
• 1 garlic clove, peeled
• Small chunk of parmesan cheese
• 1 egg per person
• Plain flour
• Oil for shallow frying
• Salt & pepper
1. Place chicken fillet between 2 sheets of baking paper and using a meat mallet hammer fillets out to approx. 5mm thickness.
2. Place bread, almonds, garlic, parsley and cheese in a food processor and pulse until a rough crumb is formed.
3. Using 3 wide shallow bowls, place seasoned flour in one, lightly beaten eggs in another and the almond crumb in the last.
4. Dredge fillets in seasoned flour, then in the egg wash and finally in the almond crumb, pressing the crumb into the surface until well covered.
5. Place crumbed fillets on paper towel lined plates and place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to set the coating.
6. Heat oil in a heavy based frying pan to a depth of 1 cm. Using a small crust of bread, test oil. It should make the bread golden after 30
seconds, not so hot that you burn or blacken your fillets.
7. Fry fillets individually in the hot oil until golden on both sides, keep warm in a preheated oven.
8. Serve with lemon cheeks, potato wedges and a crisp iceberg salad.